This course has now been moved from the 3rd to the 17th March due to staff illness. Therefore there is still time to book your place! To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
When: Thursday 17th March 2016, 9.30 – 5pm
Where: At Brook End LAND Centre Compton Dundon, Near Street & Glastonbury
What: Avalon Wildflower Park is a new community project opposite the Red Brick Building. The former BMX track, now overgrown, is unloved and neglected. Our vision is to transform it into a haven of native plants, buzzing with life. We want to create a beautiful, fun and ecologically vibrant learning and community space.
As part of this project we have organised a course about planting for pollinators. Pollinating insects need our help!
About the Course
• Learn which plant families are useful to pollinating insects
• How to make your growing space more pollinator- friendly.
• Learn about how to provide food plants, colour schemes that bees can ‘see’, the best flower shapes, plants for a longer flowering season and growing refuges for overwintering insects.
• Learn how to design beautiful borders, beetle banks and other wildlife features, such as bee ‘hotels’
• Learn how to encourage solitary bees to breed in your growing space and will look at natural bee keeping methods.
Cost: The course is free for adults in receipt of state benefits, otherwise £10-£50 donation. Bring lunch to share. Booking essential.